1953 – Chapel, Cherry Orchard Hospital, Ballyfermot, Dublin
Architect: Alan Hope

Cherry Orchard Fever Hospital was commissioned to replace the aging Cork Street Fever Hospital and opened in November 1953. The buildings and gardens covered 74 acres, with a cost of building and equipping the new hospital at £958,
https://www.archiseek.com/1953-chapel-cherry-orchard-hospital-ballyfermot-dublin/
#ArchitectureOfDublinCity #1953 #AlanHope #Ballyfermot #churches #Dublin #DublinChurches

1953 – Chapel, Cherry Orchard Hospital, Ballyfermot, Dublin | Architecture @ Archiseek.com

Architect: Alan Hope Cherry Orchard Fever Hospital was commissioned to replace the aging Cork Street Fever Hospital and opened in November 1953. The buildings and gardens covered 74 acres, with a cost of building and equipping the new hospital at £958,578. There were 11 separate single-storey blocks of wards, an oratory, gate lodge, sports grounds,

Architecture @ Archiseek.com | Irish architecture, lost & unbuilt buildings

1857 – St. Catherine’s Church, Meath Street, Dublin
Architect: J.J. McCarthy

Dedicated in 1858 and is the second church to occupy the same site. The foundation stone of the new church was laid on 30 June 1852. Construction of the main church was completed in March 1857, but the original d
https://www.archiseek.com/1857-st-catherines-meath-street-dublin/
#ArchitectureOfDublinCity #1857 #churches #Dublin #DublinChurches #DublinLiberties #JJMcCarthy18171882 #MeathStreetDublin

1857 – St. Catherine’s Church, Meath Street, Dublin | Architecture @ Archiseek.com

Architect: J.J. McCarthy Dedicated in 1858 and is the second church to occupy the same site. The foundation stone of the new church was laid on 30 June 1852. Construction of the main church was completed in March 1857, but the original design of the upper portion of the tower and spire were never completed.

Architecture @ Archiseek.com | Irish architecture, lost & unbuilt buildings

1851 – St. Laurence’s Church, Grangegorman, Dublin
Architect: William G. Murray, Murray & Denny

Small church built between male and female infirmaries at the southern end of the Richmond Asylum site. Originally used by both the Catholic and Protestant faiths until the construction of a C
https://www.archiseek.com/1851-st-laurences-church-grangegorman-dublin/
#ArchitectureOfDublinCity #1851 #churches #Dublin #DublinChurches #Grangegorman #MurrayDenny #WilliamGMurray18221871

1851 – St. Laurence’s Church, Grangegorman, Dublin | Architecture @ Archiseek.com

Architect: William G. Murray, Murray & Denny Small church built between male and female infirmaries at the southern end of the Richmond Asylum site. Originally used by both the Catholic and Protestant faiths until the construction of a Church of Ireland by George Wilkinson, nearby on the site. Relatively simple, the lancet windows, with metal

Architecture @ Archiseek.com | Irish architecture, lost & unbuilt buildings
1830 – SS Mary & Peter Church. Rathmines, Dublin
Described in The Dublin Penny Journal, September 14 1833: "A handsome church, in the Gothic style, has been recently erected in the neighbourhood of Rathmines. The architecture is peculiar ; and although tie dark colour of the stone used causes rather a heavy appearance
https://www.archiseek.com/1830-ss-mary-peter-church-rathmines-dublin/
#ArchitectureOfDublinCity #LostBuildingsOfIreland #1830 #churches #Dublin #DublinChurches #Rathmines
1830 – SS Mary & Peter Church. Rathmines, Dublin | Architecture @ Archiseek.com

Described in The Dublin Penny Journal, September 14 1833: "A handsome church, in the Gothic style, has been recently erected in the neighbourhood of Rathmines. The architecture is peculiar ; and although tie dark colour of the stone used causes rather a heavy appearanceV, upon the whole it has a pleasing effect. The architect has

Architecture @ Archiseek.com | Irish architecture, lost & unbuilt buildings

1863 – Church of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, City Quay, Dublin
Architect: John Bourke / John L. Robinson

Built originally as a chapel of ease to St. Andrews, Westland Row, the Church of the Immaculate Heart of Mary became a parish church in 1908. Built to a
https://www.archiseek.com/2024/1863-church-of-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-city-quay-dublin/
#ArchitectureOfDublinCity #1863 #churches #CityQuayDublin #DublinChurches #DublinQuays #JohnBourke1871 #JohnLRobinson18481894

1863 – Church of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, City Quay, Dublin | Architecture @ Archiseek.com

Architect: John Bourke / John L. Robinson Built originally as a chapel of ease to St. Andrews, Westland Row, the Church of the Immaculate Heart of Mary became a parish church in 1908. Built to a design by John Bourke, but the spire was added to design of John Loftus Robinson in 1890. It became

Architecture @ Archiseek.com | Irish architecture, lost & unbuilt buildings