Alison Victoria says a single misused word affected her return to HGTV's Battle on the Beach
📰 Original title: HGTV star spills about being snubbed from show over one misused word
🤖 IA: It's clickbait ⚠️
👥 Users: It's clickbait ⚠️

Alison Victoria says a single misused word affected her return to HGTV's Battle on the Beach
Former 'Battle on the Beach' co-host Alison Victoria revealed that a single word she used may have cost her a return to HGTV's seaside design competition. In an interview with the Daily Mail, Victoria, 44, explained that she referred to the show as 'canceled' on her Pap Smear Podcast last year, when she should have said 'not renewed.' She acknowledged the mistake, emphasizing that the podcast is unedited and conversational, with no notes to guide her language. HGTV announced the return of 'Battle on the Beach' for its fifth season on May 11, with Ty Pennington returning as host alongside new co-hosts Mika Kleinschmidt and Sarah Baeumler, leaving Victoria and Taniya Nayak out of the revival. Victoria noted that Nayak informed her about the casting decisions, to which she responded that she expected it. Currently, Victoria is focused on other HGTV projects including 'Sin City Rehab,' 'Scariest House in America,' and 'Ugliest House in America,' and she suggested that scheduling conflicts might have also influenced the decision not to bring her back. The incident highlights how careful word choice in media appearances can affect professional opportunities in television.





